Photoredox Cross-Couping Kit
Ir/Ni Base and Ligand Screen Kit 1 (HCK1009-01-003)
2 sets of reaction conditions with iridium catalyst Ir(dF-CF3-ppy)2(dtbbpy)PF6, 4 Ni ligands dtbbpy bphen, (MeO)2bpy and biox, and 4 bases Cs2CO3, K3PO4, K2HPO4, and K2CO3. 32 reaction vials total.
This kit requires EvoluChem™ PhotoRedOx Box – HCK 1006-01-016 and EvoluChem™ Light Source 18W-450 nm – HCK 1012-01-002 as well as Syringe, decapper and reaction block included in the EvoluChem Starter Kit (HCK1006-01-001)
The typical protocol is performed at 0.05 mol/l using a solution containing two coupling components. Each sealed reaction vial contains 0.1 µmol of photocatalyst, 0.5 µmol Ni catalyst, 0.5 µmol ligand and 15 µmol of base (for all bases except for DBU conditions, base is added separately and shipped in a separate vial). The Ir/Ni photoredox kit contains 2 sets of vials allowing the screening of two different solvents. Recommended solvents include but are not limited to acetonitrile, dimethylformamide, dimethylacetamide, dimethylsulfoxide. Sparging reaction solvents with nitrogen or argon while transferring reagents is important to achieve highest conversions of product. The vial holder shipped with the kit can be placed directly on the photochemistry device.
Protocol at 100 µl volume reaction condition
- Prepare the required volume of substrate solution at 0.05 mol/L containing both coupling substrates. For example, 1800 µl solution for 16 reaction conditions (200 µl extra to compensate for evaporation).
- Degas substrate solution with subsurface sparging via N2 or Ar line with exit needle for 5 minutes.
- Using a clean and dry syringe, add 100 µl of the substrate solution to each reaction vial.
- Stir the reaction vials for 5 minutes prior to turning on the light to allow catalysts to fully dissolve (some bases will remain insoluble).
- Turn on lamp and stir vials for 18 to 24 hours (or longer if necessary). Be sure to plug in fan to maintain RT.
Upon completion of reaction, remove the vial caps using a decapper.
- Prepare analytical sample for each reaction condition with 5 µl sample diluted into 200 µl in either DMSO or water/acetonitrile 50/50. Alternatively, reaction solvent can be evaporated in vacuo and crude mixture diluted in water/acetonitrile prior to preparation of analytical sample.
- Analyze resulting analytical samples by LC/MS.
Interested in learning more about our products?
Complete our short contact form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.