Photoredox Cross-Coupling Kit:
The hydroxymethylation kit contains 4 sets of 12 vials allowing the screening of 3 catalysts (Ir(dF-CF3-ppy)2(dtbbpy)]PF6, Tris(4,7-diphenyl-1,10-phenanthroline) ruthenium (II) dichloride, 9-Mesityl-10-methylacridinium Perchlorate), 4 oxidants (TBPA, TBEC, APS and BPO) and 4 solvents (MeOH, ACN, Acetone and DCM). 48 reaction conditions.
This kit requires EvoluChem reaction block (HCK1006-01-002) included in the EvoluChem Starter Kit (HCK1006-01-001)
The typical protocol is performed at 0.1 mol/l using a substrate solution in four different solvents containing 10 eq. of TFA. Each sealed reaction vial contains 0.05 µmol of photocatalyst and 10 µmol of oxidant.
Protocol at 50 µl volume reaction condition
- In the supplied substrate vial, prepare 1.5 mL of substrate solution at 0.2 mol/L in methanol/TFA using the supplied premixed solution of methanol/TFA (100 ul extra to account for evaporation).
- Transfer 350 µL of substrate solution to each vial stock vial 1-4 (4x).
- Transfer 350 µL of methanol to stock vial 1 to prepare methanol solution.
- Transfer 350 µL of acetonitrile to stock vial 2 to prepare acetonitrile/methanol solution.
- Transfer 350 µL of acetone to stock vial 3 to prepare acetone/methanol solution.
- Transfer 350 µL of dichloromethane to stock vial 4 to dichloromethane/methanol solution.
- Degas each substrate solution with subsurface sparging via N2 or Ar line with exit needle for 5 minutes.
- Using a clean and dry syringe, add 50 µl of the substrate solution to each reaction vial (12x).
- Stir the reaction vials for 5 minutes prior to turning on the light to allow catalysts to fully dissolve.
- Turn on lamp and stir vials for 16 to 24 hours (or longer if necessary). Be sure to plug in fan to maintain RT.
- Upon completion of reaction, remove the vial caps using a decapper.
- Prepare analytical sample for each reaction condition with 5 µl sample diluted into 200 µl in either DMSO or water/acetonitrile 50/50. Alternatively, reaction solvent can be evaporated in vacuo and crude mixture diluted in water/acetonitrile prior to preparation of analytical sample.
Analyze resulting analytical samples by LC/MS.