Photo-Catalytic Alkylation Screen Kit
The trifluoroborate alkylation reaction (Minisci reaction) described by Prof. Molander is a powerful
Photo-catalytic alkylation screen kit using 4 photocatalysts and 8 different alkylation reagents in 5
Protocol at 50 µl volume reaction condition
- In the substrate solution vial provided, prepare 1.6 ml of substrate solution at 0.1 mol/L of
(160 µmol substrate substrateneeded) in either DMSO or H2O/ACN with 61.2 µL of trifluoroacetic acid (5 equiv.). Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer 400 µmol of
to each catalyst vial. Vortex thoroughly. solution
- Degas the first substrate/catalyst solution with subsurface sparging via N2 or Ar line with exit needle for 5 minutes.
- Using a clean and dry syringe, add 50 µL of the substrate solution to each reaction vial (8 reactions).
- Place samples in vial holder HCK-1006-01-017.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each catalyst solution.
- Turn on
lamp(6200K white LED or blue LED 450 nm) and stir vials for 12 to 18 hours (or longer if necessary and there is substrate remaining). Be sure to plug in fan to maintain RT.
- Upon completion of
, prepare reaction sample for each reaction condition with 5 µl sample diluted into 200 µl in either DMSO or water/acetonitrile 50/50. analytical
Analyze resulting analytical samples by LC/MS.