Photo-Catalytic Alkylation Production Kit (HCK1016-01-001)
The trifluoroborate alkylation reaction (Minisci reaction) described by Prof. Molander is a powerful late stage functionalization tool.The trifluoroborate alkylation reaction (Minisci reaction) described by Prof. Molander is a powerful late stage functionalization tool.
Photo-catalytic alkylation production kit using 8 different alkylation reagents in 50 µmol scale reaction condition. C-H functionalization will primarily occur on electron-deficient heteroarenes at one or several positions.
The typical protocol is performed at 0.1 mol/l of substrate prepared as solution in DMSO or H2O/ACN with 5 equiv. of trifluoroacetic acid.
Each sealed reaction vial contains either 75 µmol of BF3K reagent with 100 µmol of K2S2O8 or 250 µmol of tert-butyl peracetate. Typically, the reaction is performed with 6200K white LED or blue LED (450 nm). The alkylation production kit contains 2 sets of vials allowing the screening of two different substrates or 1 substrate in two solvents. Sparging reaction solvents with nitrogen or argon while transferring reagents is important to achieve highest conversions of product. See protocol diagram for instructions.
Protocol at 500 µl volume reaction condition
- In the vial provided containing the Ir catalyst, prepare 4.0 ml of substrate solution at 0.1 mol/L of substrate (400 µmol substrate needed) in either DMSO or H2O/ACN with 153 µL of trifluoroacetic acid (5 equiv.). Mix thoroughly.
- Degas the substrate/catalyst solution with subsurface sparging via N2 or Ar line with exit needle for 5 minutes.
- Using a clean and dry syringe, add 500 µL of the substrate solution to each reaction vial (8 reactions).
Place samples in vial holder HCK1006-01-018.
- Turn on lamp (6200K white LED or blue LED 450 nm) and stir vials for 2 to 4 hours (or longer if necessary and there is substrate remaining). Be sure to plug in fan to maintain RT.
- Upon completion of reaction, prepare analytical sample for each reaction condition with 5 µl sample diluted into 200 µl in either DMSO or water/acetonitrile 50/50.
- Analyze resulting analytical samples by LC/MS.
Interested in learning more about our products?
Complete our request form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.