Photomethylation Kit (HCK1009-01-001)
2 sets of
This kit requires EvoluChem reaction block (HCK1006-01-002) included in the EvoluChem Starter Kit (HCK1006-01-001)
The typical protocol is performed at 0.05 mol/l concentration reaction condition using a solution of substrate in 4 different solvents. Each sealed reaction vial contains 0.1 µmol of photocatalyst and 12.5
Protocol at 50 µl volume reaction condition
- Prepare the required volume of substrate solution at 0.05 mol/L in each solvent using the empty stock solution vials for each solvent. For example, 150 µl solution for 2 reaction conditions (50 µl extra to compensate potential evaporation).
- Degas first substrate solution with subsurface sparging via N2 or Ar line with exit needle for 5 minutes.
- Using a clean and dry syringe, add 50 µl of the substrate solution to each reaction vial.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each substrate solvent mixture.
- Stir the reaction vials in the photochemical device for 18 to 24 hours.
- Remove the vial caps using a
analyticalsample for each reaction condition with 5 µl sample diluted into 200 µl in either DMSO or water/acetonitrile 50/50. Alternatively, reaction solvent can be evaporated in vacuo and crudemixture diluted in water/acetonitrile prior to preparation of analyticalsample.
Analyze resulting analytical samples by LC/MS.
Interested in learning more about our products?
Complete our request form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.