Photoredox Cross-Coupling Kit:
Ir/Ni Base and Ligand Screen Kit 2
2 sets of reaction conditions with iridium catalyst Ir(dF-CF3–
This kit requires EvoluChem™ PhotoRedOx Box – HCK1006-01-016 and EvoluChem™ Light Source 18W-450 nm – HCK1012-01-002 as well as Syringe, decapper and reaction block included in the EvoluChem™ Starter Kit (HCK1006-01-001)
The typical protocol is performed at 0.05 mol/l using a solution containing two coupling components. Each sealed reaction vial contains 0.1 µmol of
Protocol at 100 µl volume reaction condition
- Prepare the required volume of substrate solution at 0.05 mol/L containing both coupling substrates. For example, 2600 µl solution for 24 reaction conditions (200 µl extra to compensate for evaporation).
- Degas substrate solution with subsurface sparging via N2 or Ar line with exit needle for 5 minutes.
- Using a clean and dry syringe, add 100 µl of the substrate solution to each reaction vial (excluding vials containing DBU for now).
- Add 400 ul of substrate solution to
vialcontaining DBU base vial. Repeat degas of solution.****
- Add 100 ul of substrate/DBU solution to each DBU reaction vial (4x)
- Repeat steps 2 and 5 for each substrate solvent mixture.
- Stir the reaction vials for 5 minutes prior to turning on the light to allow catalysts to fully dissolve (some bases will remain insoluble).
- Turn on
lampand stir vials for 18 to 24 hours (or longer if necessary). Be sure to plug in fan to maintain RT.
- Upon completion of
reaction, remove the vial caps using a . decapper
analyticalsample for each reaction condition with 5 µl sample diluted into 200 µl in either DMSO or water/acetonitrile 50/50. Alternatively, reaction solvent can be evaporated in vacuo and crudemixture diluted in water/acetonitrile prior to preparation of analyticalsample.
- Analyze resulting analytical samples by LC/MS.
***Alternatively, 2.24 µl of DBU can be added to each of the DBU reactions separately using 10 ul Hamilton Syringe (not provided) instead of premixing substrate solutions and DBU base. In this case, first add 100 µl substrate solution to DBU reaction vials, followed by addition of 2.24 µl DBU and proceed to step 6.